Glo Nigeria now offers a way for you to recharge your Glo line straight from your bank account with their new service called Glo Simple Recharge, which involves simply dialling a short code.
This service makes it easy for Glo subscribers to recharge their lines at no cost and at any time of the day. It involves dialling a short code, selecting your bank from the list of banks that would be displayed after dialling the short code, selecting the recharge amount and voila, your Glo line would be automatically recharged by the amount that you selected and the amount would be deducted from your bank account balance.
You however need to note that the Glo line that you want to recharge has to be the primary phone number linked to your bank account as it would be used as a way of authenticating you as the valid owner of the account before your line is recharged.
As at the time of writing this post, the list of banks available on this service are
- Access Bank
- First Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Jaiz Bank
- Heritage Bank
- Keystone Bank
- Skye Bank
- Stanbic IBTC
- Sterling Bank
- Union Bank
- Unity Bank
- Zenith Bank
So, to make use of this Glo Simple Recharge service, follow the steps outlined below
- Dial the short code *805#
- Enter the number written against your bank from the list and press the “Send” button or enter the number written against the “More Banks” option (which is 7 as at the time of writing this post).
- Enter the number written against the amount that you want to recharge to select it.
- Wait for both your bank and Glo to inform you of the successful recharge.
You should however note the following:
- You must have enough money in your bank account to cover the cost of the recharge for Glo Simple Recharge to work for you.
- You must use a Glo number that is linked to your bank account.
- Your bank account must be active and should not be an account that is dormant.
- There are various recharge denominations available on the Glo Simple Recharge service ranging from ₦100 to ₦5,000. They however vary per bank. You would need to check to see the denominations available for your own bank.
When I tried to use a dormant account just out of curiosity, I got the message
You have not been provisioned for this service. Please, contact your bank for more information.
I also tried a bank in which I do not have an account at all, and I got this message
You have not been provisioned for this service. Supply your details below to enrol.
When I finally tried a bank where I have an active account with enough balance to cover the purchase and that is linked to my phone number, I got the message
Your Airtime is currently being processed. Thanks for using EASY TOPUP service.
The messages you get for each scenario varies slightly per bank, but always get a message that tells you what’s happening with the request.
I’ve tried it and I see Glo Simple Recharge as a good service that is easy to use and also makes life easier for us. So, try it out today and share your experience.