Pink IT Initiative Women Empowerment Programme is a training programme for women who want to make waves in the tech space.
It’s a 22-week long Saturday-only programme for unemployed women who are graduates of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), which will include 16 weeks training workshop, while hands-on practice assignments will be done by participants during the week remotely or in a working space that shall be provided and finally six (6) weeks of internship in a software development company.
- Are you a graduate with a minimum of HND/B.Sc from any of the courses in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)?
- Are you presently unemployed?
- Do you have a creative and analytical mind?
- Do you have a ‘can-do’ spirit, self- disciplined and self-motivating?
- Can you stay long solving a problem and ask for help when needed?
- Do you have a burning desire to bring about a change in your community?
- Are you free to share what you know with others and learn from others ?
- Are you passionate about software development?
- Do you enjoy learning and are you adventurous?
- Are you enterprising and will like to be an entrepreneur?
- Can you commit 6 full months to the programme?
Application opens on October 8, 2016
It was put together by Abiola Ilupeju and sponsored by the U.S. Consulate. Abiola is a very good and detailed software developer that I’ve had the opportunity to work with, and I’m sure this is a well-packaged programme that can make an impact in the lives of women. So, if you fit the bill, don’t hesitate to get more details on the project website and fill in your details once registration starts on October 8, 2016.
Check out the official promo video for the event below.