Mark Zuckerberg, the owner of Facebook on his Facebook page made an announcement on the number of users that made use of Facebook and other apps owned by Facebook yesterday, July 27, 2016.
The biggest social network at the moment, keeps growing bigger and stronger as it continues to gather more users everyday and continues to grow in strength as it is also trying to achieve other technological milestones.
The post highlighted that as during the last quarter, the following number of users used each app / platform owned by Facebook per month
- Facebook: 1.7 Billion users each month
- WhatsApp: 1 Billion users each month
- Messenger: 1 Billion users each month
- Instagram: 500 Million users each month
Other achievements in the last quarter include
- A successful test flight for Aquila – a solar-powered plane designed to beam internet to remote parts of the world
- Use of Live Video in new ways
- Introduction of 360o photos
The actual post reads: