Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) is leaving no stone unturned in ensuring that its customers have their accounts activated and without any restrictions and that is why they’ve taken it upon themselves to open up different channels to their customers to link their Bank Verification Number (BVN) obtained from other banks to their GTB account, which includes the web channel where you can link your BVN through their bvn-linking portal.
I’ve written about How to link your BVN to your GTB Account on an ATM, but that is not the only channel through which you can link your BVN to your GTB account. You can also do that over the web and that is what this article would quickly show you.
To link your BVN (obtained in another bank) to your GTB account, simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to https://gtmt.gtbank.com/BVNLinker/start.aspx (Note of warning: As you can see from the highlighted part of the address, the main domain here is the website of GTB. Please ensure that you do not go to any other website to link your BVN as that may be the site of phishers and online thieves trying to steal your account details).
- As instructed on the page, enter the Nuban account number of the GTBank account that you are trying to link your BVN to.
- Select the name of the bank where you obtained your BVN from.
- Enter your BVN.
- Complete the CAPTCHA challenge by entering the text in the image shown.
- Click the submit button to link your BVN to your account.
Make sure you get this done soon to lift any restriction that may have been placed on your GTB account.
Just in case you are not comfortable with doing this over the web, you can as well learn How to link your BVN to your GTB Account on an ATM.