It is no longer news that Nigerian bank accounts with no Bank Verification Number (BVN) linked to them have had restrictions placed on them by the banks as directed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and almost all the banks (if not all) have been trying to open more channels to their customers so that they can easily link the BVN that they may have obtained in other banks to their accounts. Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) is not left out of this exercise and they seem to be the front-runner in opening up these channels to their customers.
A good number of people actually got their BVN before the deadline and also went to branches of other banks where they own accounts so as to link their BVN to those accounts, but for one reason or another the BVN was not linked to their account(s) and only got to know after restrictions were placed on their accounts.
GTB has gone to great lengths to open up different channels to their customers, one of which is the ATM. Other channels include walking in to any of their branches and the web (Click here to see How to link your BVN to your GTB account over the web) as well.
To link the BVN that you have obtained in another bank to your GTB account, simply follow the steps outlined below:
1. Insert your GTBank card in any GTB ATM and input your 4-digit PIN
2. Select the “BVN Linking” option
3. Enter your 11-digit BVN and select “Proceed”
4. The ATM will display the 11-digit number, and request you to validate
5. Once the number is validated as correct, select “Proceed”
6. Insert your PIN to validate, and submit
7. Your BVN is automatically linked to your GTBank account. Then you are good to go!
If you do not want to go to an ATM you can also get it done on the web through the bank’s website. Click here to see How to link yout BVN to your GTB account over the web.