Every corner you turn to these days, there is always someone with a smartphone. When you take phone brands like Infinix, Injoo, Tecno and others that introduced cheaper phones with high hardware configuration into consideration then virtually everyone around can afford one. However, without data to connect to the internet, your smartphone more often than not becomes a “dumb phone”. So, I’ll show you the code for subscribing to Etisalat 2GB data for two(2) thousand naira (₦2000) only.
It is worthy to note that this particular quantity of data was being sold for more than double this price before. So, it is a good and welcome development that Etisalat has decided to bring down the price. From my interaction with a lot of people and from my personal experience, I’ve discovered that Etisalat enjoys a high rating compared to other service providers when it comes to the quality of their mobile data. Perhaps this fact contributed to their own data being relatively expensive.
Now, enough of the rigmarole. Let’s get down to why we are here. The USSD code to use to subscribe to Etisalat 2GB data for two(2) thousand naira only is
How do I go about it?
- Load the required amount on your phone the usual way you have been loading before, whether through the use of recharge cards, quickteller, ATMs, mobile money or your internet banking platform. Just make sure you have at least two thousand naira (2,000) as your airtime balance.
- Open the phone application on your phone and dial the code above (*229*2*8#), then tap/press the send button and voila, you’ve got your 2GB data to browse the internet.
Alternative subscription method
Dialling the USSD code is not the only way to subscribe for this data plan. You can also follow the steps outlined below
- Dial *200#
- Enter 3 and press the “Send” button to select the “Data” menu.
- Enter 1 and press the “Send” button to select the “Buy Data” menu.
- Enter 6 and press the “Send” button to select the “Buy Monthly 2GB” menu.
- Enter 1 and press the “Send” button to select the “Buy now @ N2000” menu. At this point, two thousand naira (₦2000) would be deducted from your airtime balance to purchase your 2GB data.
Whichever subscription method works for you, just load your phone with ₦2000 and follow the steps outlined for each one.
After subscribing you may need to check your data balance. Just check my post titled “Airtel, Etisalat, Glo and MTN codes for checking your data balance” to learn about how to do that for all networks.