I wrote about How to receive Western Union transfer through QuickTeller into your bank account a few weeks ago. However, I’ve brought to you today the steps involved in using the internet banking platform of GTBank to receive Western Union money transfers straight into your account.
In essence, if you own a GTBank account, you neither need to walk/drive down to a banking hall nor do you need to go to a 3rd-party website like QuickTeller before you are able to receive any money sent to you via Western Union. All you have to do is log on to the internet banking platform and follow the steps outlined below.
- [alert-warning]Open the GTBank internet banking platform in your preferred web browser and log in with your credentials.[/alert-warning]
- [alert-warning]Click the “Payments” menu.[/alert-warning]
- [alert-warning]Next, click the “Western Union Receive Money” sub-menu under the “Payments” menu.[/alert-warning]
- [alert-warning]Now, click the “New Request” button so that the request form would be displayed.[/alert-warning]
- [alert-warning]Fill the form with the information you got from the sender of the money concerning the transfer.[/alert-warning]
- [alert-warning]On the next page, you would be required to generate a code on your token and enter it into the box provided.[/alert-warning]
- [alert-warning]Enjoy your money because you have already gone through steps 1 to 6 and your money has landed in your account.[/alert-warning]
As at the time of writing this post, this service is not yet available on the GTB mobile app. However, it is expected that this feature would be added soon.