The West Africa Bloggers Conference which was organised by GistMate Communications Limited / Advert Strikers was concluded on Saturday, May 16, 2015. It was another powerful session on day 2 of the event and participants didn’t want it to end as there was a lot to learn and share. Check out a report of how it went down on day 1 of the event here.
Speakers on Day 2 include
- Frankline Ozekhome – Founder, Tink Africa
- Kola-Taiwo Ogunlade – Corporate Affairs Manager of Google
- Mrs. Alero Ladipo – Chief Marketing Officer, Smile Communications
- Dr. Bayero Agabi – Infotech Network, Africa Independent Television (AIT)
- Ayodele Oyebade – Managing Director, Advert Strikers Limited
- Dr. Jonathan Doerr – MD Jumia Nigeria
- Lanre Aina – Google Nigeria (Business Development)
Advise for bloggers from Frankline Ozekhome include
- Find and establish your niche
- Determine the desired relationship between your customers & products
- Create an intangible and emotional bond through customer experience mapping.
- Develop a name, a distinct personality, a character and a reputation.
- Earn the attention of the audience
- Connect to the customer
- Develop values that would help you stand out
- Invest in the distribution of your content
Kola-Taiwo Ogunlade spoke about “Intellectual Property on the web” where he tackled the issue of copyright on the web and in general.
Mrs. Alero Ladipo spoke about “How to Promote Your Blog” and these are the highlights of her talk
- Have a beautiful design for your blog.
- Optimize your content for search engines and do proper keyword research.
- Relationship matters, so build a loyal audience.
- Know your target audience.
- Get personal with emails.
- Perform targeted distribution of your content.
- Reach out to influencers.
- Maximise the power of social media
The quote of the day below came from Mrs. Alero Ladipo
You must stand out for something to make a meaning.
Please, remember to drop a comment and also share this with your friends by clicking any of the social media share buttons. Thank you.
See pictures from the event below.