The West Africa Bloggers Conference, which was organised by GistMate Communications Limited kicked off yesterday, May 15, 2015 and actually delivered as promised. The speakers that were present for the first day of the conference include
- Clara Okoro (MD Brand World Media)
- Tomi Ogunlesi – Brand Manager of First Bank Nigeria
- Ayo Oyebade (MD Advert Strikers LTD and CEO GistMate Communications LTD)
- Alaezi Akpuru (Style Consultant Jumia Nigeria)
- Lanre Aina – Google Nigeria (Business Development)
- Bayo Adekambi (CMO MTN)
Highlighted below are the major points they spoke about
A blogger should know the following
- Brands want to create content
- How to Gain Brand exposure
- How to Engage & Educate
- How to influence purchasing behaviour of their audience
- Improve Brand discoverability
- Know that there’s a responsibility on you for the nation as regards the content you put online
- About 43% of Nigerians access the internet on mostly mobile only, 29% do mobile only, while about 5% use the desktop only. Therefore, the focus for generating content should be on mobile.
There are 3 classes of bloggers, which include
- Creators: Those that create content fall under this category and they can be referred to as “Social Currency Creators”.
- Curators: These are the set of people that focus on copy-and-paste publishing. They take the work of others to use as theirs.
- Cremators: They take the work of others and dilute it with wrong/inappropriate content, thereby destroying the work of the original content creator.
A blogger should be guided by these 4 M’s