In this post, we would be discussing how to set-up your mobile device (phone or tablet) for browsing irrespective of the network that you are using whether it is Airtel, Etisalat, Glo or MTN. Most mobile devices these days usually receive Over-The-Air (OTA) 3G/GPRS settings. This happens when the SIM on your phone is a newly-inserted SIM. That is, when you insert your SIM for the first time into your device or when you change from one SIM to another. However, there are times that your device may not receive OTA settings or the one sent by your service provider may not work for you. In these instances, you would need to manually set-up your device.
Shown below are the settings for each network
USERNAME: <Leave empty>
PASSWORD: <Leave empty>
To insert the above settings into your (Android) device, follow the steps below,
- Open settings.
- Go to “More Networks”.
- Go to “Mobile Networks”.
- Go to “Access Point Names”.
- Press the menu button and tap the “New APN” option.
- Type in the APN, Username & Password in the appropriate fields leaving other fields at their default values.
- Press the menu button again and select the “Save” option.
- Go back to the list of APNs and tap the option button displayed against your newly created APN to select the APN.
- If you have a data subscription or if you are ready to be billed on a per/KB basis (Pay-As-You-Go), connect to the Internet by enabling Mobile Data and start browsing.